The Opportunity at Altana
As Altana grows, we are hiring for Altana’s first Senior People Business Partner (PBP). The Sr. PBP will be responsible for developing and delivering people-centered initiatives that foster collaboration, high performance, and team effectiveness (think: performance, career development, engagement, org design). As a torch-bearer of our culture, you’ll partner directly with leaders across the entire organization to understand their objectives and challenges and execute strategies that move Altana forward toward our goals.
- Serve as a trusted resource and thought partner to managers and employees across all people-related dimensions, including performance management, organizational design, team development, and interpersonal conversations
- Enhance management capabilities across Altana by designing and delivering leadership development programs or initiatives that increase manager effectiveness
- Consult with hiring managers on workforce planning and talent strategy, partnering closely with Recruiting to define hiring needs and hire top talent
- In partnership with the VP, People, design and lead Altana’s performance philosophy and associated practices, including career pathing, compensation, promotions, reviews, etc.
- Create, monitor, and interpret trends and metrics around employee engagement, attrition, etc and provide recommendations for enhancements that drive a better employee experience
- Support change management and communication with respect to organizational or team initiatives that impact the employee experience, including team changes, program updates, quarterly goal-setting processes, people programs, etc.
- Partner with the broader People team to develop and implement People programs, policies, and practices that enhance Altana’s culture and establish Altana as an exceptional place to work during a period of high growth
- Experience as the primary People / HR Business Partner for a rapidly-growing organization, with direct experience engaging with multiple levels within a company
- History of strong partnership with established senior leaders; you have coached and guided behaviors, and facilitated and built consensus around People-related initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to both build and deliver people programs that support business objectives, particularly with respect to talent management, performance, compensation, and/or engagement
- Hands-on experience using independent judgment to support a wide range of employee relations issues, from simple to complex
- Deep understanding of HR best practices with high adaptability; you’ve seen what good looks like, and know where to adopt best practices or take a bespoke approach based on a situation circumstance
- A deep sense of – and love of – business, and proven ability to understand complex business situations and identify people-related levers that drive positive business outcomes
- Comfort and experience working with data; experience designing inputs and extracting insights from data to inform decision-making
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills with demonstrated experience working with diverse, geographically-dispersed, multicultural teams; knack for building relationships and connecting with others in a genuine, authentic way
This role is…
- This role is based in the United States and should be located in one of the following locations, with a hybrid work schedule: New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., or San Francisco
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Altana. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. The target base salary range for the Senior People Business Partner role is $140,000-$180,000. All full-time employees receive a competitive new hire equity grant, and may be eligible for additional bonus compensation depending on role.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Altana, we believe that a diverse workforce enables greater creativity, performance, and adaptability. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome you to join us as you are. Our employment opportunities and decisions are based on business needs and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in the areas in which we operate. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, in any situation.