Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and support the development of one or multiple of the critical, actuated mechanisms on the aircraft
- Provide technical communication and coordination with senior leadership and program management
- Team responsibilities include the propeller tilt mechanism, the variable pitch mechanism, the flight controls surface mechanisms (flaperons and ruddervators), and the landing gear systems
- Manage the technical direction of the designs, as well as the management of their delivery, conformity, test, and certification
- Mentoring the Jr. level Mechanical Systems engineers on the team
What you need:
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $151,680-$208,560. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.