Build and maintain an organization that is capable and empowered to deliver the expected
services. In a comfortable and flexible/hybrid work environment managed in an
environmentally friendly manner.
● Provide regular check and balance EXO Staff welfare and happiness, roll-out satisfaction
survey result and ensure staff participation.
● Ensure staff onboarding processes and group level internal communications are functional
and fully optimized
● Work with the leadership team to plan and develop staff training programs that make sense
for your destination.
● Oversee recruitment and ensure equality and diversity are present in EXO recruitment and
● Work closely with the Chief Purpose Officer to set and update processes that are aligned
with the rest of the group.
● Prepare annual budget by year-end for Board sign off
● Deliver Monthly Financial reporting package to CEO/COO/CFO/. Includes:
o Monthly P+L Financial accounts: P+L actual against budget, Updated Balance Sheet,
Updated CFF ( all with comments from Finance Manager)
o Monthly written report (Quarterly in more detail)
● Make sure IT infrastructure and resources are cost efficient and allow for a smooth and
productive work environment (e.g. review Tourplan license need, server upgrade, etc.).
● Ensure operations staff follow correct procedures and provide best quality services for all
clients arriving at their destination.
● Monitor key agent performances and bookings. You are expected to stay in contact and on
good terms with Top agents and closely monitor booking patterns in order to identify
opportunities or problems at source.
● Be ready to represent EXO and its values at travel trade shows, when required to attend.
● Ensure internal teams are aligned with sales teams and in regular contact, while also
ensuring communications are cordial, positive and productive.
● Ensure all suppliers provide best and most responsible quality services for EXO clients are
subject to regular quality, price and regulatory /compliance checks.
● Negotiate with new and/or existing suppliers including, but not limited to, hotels, sub-
agents, transport companies to ensure EXO selects the most responsible ones in destinations
and receives the best possible rates and the highest service standards.
The GM officially reports to the EXO Board of Directors, which includes the CEO,) and COO. The COO
is the direct line-reporting manager for each GM.
The EXO Korea GM may report to a Regional GM in Japan. The final business and reporting structure
will be determined by the Company prior to appointment.
The GM will work closely and under guidance of the Leadership Team and will be in daily and weekly
contact with senior management. In addition there is a requirement to make a monthly written
report to the Board that will be shared with the EXO Leadership team and present at the company
● You should have excellent knowledge of Korea as an Inbound destination
● You are expected to keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments in the
regional travel business including, but not limited to, key destination information and
developments such as new hotels, travel products, airline routes etc.
● You are expected to keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments within the
EXO organization including staff changes, new departments, new travel products and
● You should be aware of all direct competitors and ensure that EXO services are superior in
all departments to those of our competitors.
● You should ensure that you are constantly building good relations with potential business
partners whenever possible including key suppliers as well as clients and potential clients.
● You will be expected to identify and attend local events that will strengthen these
relationships such as, but not be limited to, networking
● Korean or Foreign national with excellent knowledge of Korea and Korean language
● Graduate/ Post Graduate
● Minimum 10 yrs. of experience in the Travel industry with minimum 3yrs of leading a large
● Fluency in English must (verbal & written), knowledge of French (German or Spanish) will be
● Experience in using some type of Travel software and Database.
● Understanding of the Korean travel market trends & comprehensive travel industry
● Understanding customer needs and inclination towards customer service.
● Strong organization and prioritization skills
● Excellent interpersonal and good public speaking skills.
● Leader with a positive and dynamic personality, able to adapt to different cultures.
EXO Travel is a purpose-driven B2B destination management company (DMC) that
leverages 30 years of experience, a passion for sustainability and industry-leading
technology to deliver authentic, responsible travel experiences and seamless service in
our destinations/ everywhere we are for travel agencies and tour operators.
EXO is embarking on a post-covid strategy to rebuild our business, recover our position as Asia’s
leading DMC and enter a new strategic growth phase with a clear purpose. Our goal is to focus on
quality rather than quantity and to make sure we have a client base that requires and values our
services and is prepared to pay the right rates. EXO will remain a niche player focused on premium
tour operators, luxury travel, events, adventure and quality group travel. We want to not just rebuild but to build-back-better than before. We want our growth to be positive for all our key stakeholders. For EXO people (our staff), for our clients and for our planet, while also
meeting our financial goals and delivering shareholder value for all Partners and the EXO Leadership Team.
To establish Korea as a new Inbound destination for EXO Travel and grow a successful business
delivering high quality travel products and experiences for EXO’s Clients. You will build and grow a
team including all the elements of a fully functional travel company expected to become Korea’s
leading DMC focused on high-quality, international markets.
As an equal opportunity employer, if you have a passion for travel, believe that travel can be a real force for good in the world, and have skills that can help us achieve our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Interested candidates are invited to send your CVs with a covering letter in English to HR department at [email hidden]
And if you are searching for any global vacancies :