The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing its Strategic Marketing function to help drive significant business growth in our top accounts, globally. Join the rapidly growing team of account-based marketing and industry marketing rockstars to apply your business leadership and marketing acumen in managing targeted and/or verticalized marketing programs (including significant business scope and budget) to drive monumental growth for your book of accounts and the company as a whole.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The Strategic Accounts Marketing Manager, will be expected to have a deep understanding of a set of assigned strategic accounts in the financial services and banking industries, and to drive a 1:1 account based marketing strategy hinging on programs that build account expansion and accelerate and close existing opportunities. Your programs will help identify and nurture new users and champions, while uncovering opportunities to drive significant revenue alongside the sales organization. You’ll work closely with the industry solutions, partner marketing, customer marketing, demand generation and developer advocacy teams to ensure delivery of a holistic marketing strategy within each account.
You are a highly strategic, results-driven revenue marketer, leveraging data to justify every decision and bringing urgency to lead flow, persona targeting, and deal acceleration... Each member of our team signs up for a revenue number! As a team player, you’re able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done to impact the bottom line, always bringing insights and repeatable results to the team and across functions.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Barcelona, London or Paris for our hybrid working model.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of account marketing or industry marketing experience. Tech industry experience preferred but not required.
- Native French & English and Spanish will be a plus.
- Experience working with large and complex enterprise accounts across multiple verticals, proven success record with accelerating and closing deals
- Experience working alongside enterprise sales reps, cross functional account teams and sales leaders, obsessing over addressable market and specific account goals
- Experience with strategic 1:1 or 1:few account based marketing, portfolio of experience will be reviewed
- Experience working with cloud partners (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Highly results-driven with strong analytical capabilities
- Incredible written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to sales and marketing leadership, as well as customers
- Experience working cross functionally with enterprise or corporate sales, customer success teams and account development teams
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Salesforce
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation and Data systems
- 6sense, Eloqua, Pathfactory, Turtl, Tableau experience a plus
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to shift priorities is critical in a growth technology company
- Team ethos is made up of good humor, resilient, a positive can-do attitude, yet ruthless in your approach and incorporates MongoDB values in your practice regularly.
- Travel required
- In close collaboration with the sales and marketing ecosystem, you will establish a robust marketing plan for each of your accounts and manage a significant marketing budget to meet the accounts business objective
- Uncover and understand specific challenges of the accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming and create relevant messaging strategies to achieve them
- Understand the needs of an emerging business unit and develop programs and campaigns to drive top of funnel awareness and bottom funnel conversions based on specific MongoDB use cases within the account
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in materials and communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams when creating new and updating existing materials, presentations and/or preparing for marketing activations
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and support processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Work closely with the xDR teams to ensure rigorous follow up of all marketing leads within your assigned accounts
The Strategic Marketing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your Strategic Account teams (ex: sales, solution architects, field partner leads, customer successes) to understand their top account priorities, begin planning marketing programs, and ramp on current account status and MongoDB product knowledge.
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have executed marketing activities with pipeline influence, and have started to become a trusted partner to your account stakeholders.
- In 12 months you’ll have cemented yourself as a key account partner, be fully ramped and actioning against all account objectives.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.