The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
In this role, MongoDB is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Indirect Tax Manager, looking to continue their career in tax, to join our international finance team located in Gurgaon, India. The Indirect Tax Manager will work closely with the Tax Team based in India, Singapore, Ireland and the US. To be successful, this team member must have the ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment and align well with MongoDB’s core values. This is a great opportunity to join and grow with a strong finance team at a high growth company.
Shift Timings - 02 PM - 10 PM
We are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Gurugram Office under our hybrid working model.
- Management of all indirect tax compliance functions specific to the North America, South America and certain Asia Pacific regions
- Responsibilities above include ensuring timely computation and submission and payment of United States sales and use tax returns, Canadian goods and services tax (“GST”) returns, value added tax (“VAT”) returns, property taxes and other non-income based taxes
- Review and reconciliation of sales tax, GST and VAT related general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and preparation of required journal entries stemming from indirect tax activities
- Monitor changes in applicable tax laws, regulations and decisions impacting the Company’s indirect tax responsibilities and effectively communicate these changes and related impacts to larger tax team
- Ensure compliance with digital and electronic invoice requirements
- Maintain documentation and reconcile any indirect tax exposure specific to the North America, South America and Asia Pacific regions
- Manage indirect tax registrations,implementations and voluntary disclosure in new jurisdictions as required
- Collaborate with Billing Team and assist with sales tax/GST/VAT queries from customers
- Maintain relationship with external advisors
- Manage indirect tax audits, including gathering and/or reviewing information to be sent to local taxing authorities
- Collaborate with and support larger tax team on global tax projects
- Provide local oversight of a local India team of 2-4 people
- Experience in preparing and reviewing indirect tax returns
- Experience working in a technology company, or having a global technology client
- Chartered Accountant
- Experience liaising with various taxing authorities
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of work as part of a global team in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively with external consultants and internal teams
- Strong track record of meeting deadlines and resolving queries
- Strong MS Excel and numerical skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Avalara prefereable
- Experience with Alteryx a plus
- 8+ years of relevant experience
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
**MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.**