The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About The Role
We’re looking for a strategic email marketer to focus on owning the customer experience for the channel. This will be accomplished by driving a continual effort to consolidate messaging, create clear audience targeting and segmentation requirements, and monitoring the health of the channel. You will be responsible for helping our marketing team leverage the email channel to the fullest potential. You will bring your experience in email marketing to drive email efficiency, gather accurate requirements, and deliver measurable business impact. You will use your understanding of our audience to tailor these experiences to each segment. The role requires excellent organizational skills, as well as a strong eye for detail.
Embedded within the Global Integrated Campaigns (GIC) team, you will work closely with Strategic Marketing, Field Marketing, Marketing Analytics, and Marketing Operations to operationalize marketing campaigns focused on nurturing prospects into customers.
This role can be based out of our Austin, New York, or San Francisco office locations or remotely in the North America region.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for B2B best practices for email marketing
- Responsible for defining the prioritization strategy, project evaluation and best practices for cross-functional alignment
- Review/Approve email templates, copy, and formatting to prevent errors and ensure an ideal customer experience
- Ensure templates are rendering correctly on various platforms using available tools
- Identify and define key performance indicators and reports needed to optimize channel effectiveness
- Help establish and track against email metric goals
- Manage a measurement framework, in partnership with our Marketing Analytics teams, refining success metrics and inputs that show impact of our programs
- Manage and execute strategic email program initiatives at various stages of the customer journey particularly focusing on prospecting, nurturing, and event related communications
- Implement and lead regular stakeholder meetings for better alignment
- Communicate insights from email programs broadly across the organization
- Drive both ideation and execution of experiments across email to increase user activity and engagement
- Project manage the set-up of email campaigns with timelines and strict deadlines while ensuring quality
- Create the necessary processes to manage domain/IP health, monitor bounce rates, and spam complaints
- Ensure audience compliance with global spam regulations likeGDPR/CAN-SPAM/CASL/LGPD and others
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in marketing, business, economics, or technical field
- 4+ years of experience in marketing campaign execution /or demand generation in a technology company
- Deep analytical and data acumen. Proficient with segmentation, reporting, and how to use data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrated track record in developing and executing A/B tests, analyzing and translating data into business and consumer insights
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical in order to prioritize opportunities, test, and implement successful campaigns
- Creative and empathetic thinker; you care deeply about our users and can build precise targeting for them
- Comfortable interpreting results and communicating insights effectively to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Experience working with data visualization tools (like Tableau)
- Basic understanding of email HTML
- Strong grasp of marketing strategies that create personalized journeys for prospects
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, specifically with Field Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Marketing Analytics, and Marketing Operations
- Excellent project management skills including: planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering recommendations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to quickly learn and become fluent in new technologies
- Efficient, highly productive multitasker, self-motivated, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Able to quickly adapt, comfortable with change for a growing company that is rapidly evolving
- Team-player, willing to go the extra mile to help other team members excel
- Eloqua, Iterable, Jira, and Wrike experience a plus
- Experience aligning with sales is a plus
- Experience running targeted campaigns across Americas/EMEA/APAC is a plus
- Past experience in marketing to developers is a plus
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.