The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Senior Accountant of GL Accounting is primarily responsible for intercompany and foreign exchange accounting across 30+ legal entities globally. The Senior Accountant must possess strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail. The right candidate must also be process-oriented to identify and implement process and control changes and be able to work cross-functionally to drive and influence these changes. To be successful, this candidate must have the ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, and align well with MongoDB’s core values. This is a fantastic opportunity to join and grow with an already strong accounting team at a high-growth company. This position will report to the Senior Manager of GL Accounting. We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Dublin for our hybrid working model.
What you will do:
● Monthly preparation and/or review of journal entries including intercompany and foreign exchange
● Preparation and/or review of a monthly income statement and balance sheet flux including investigating and commenting on material variances
● Monthly preparation and/or review of associated balance sheet reconciliations ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of supporting documentation
● Support US GAAP and statutory compliance audits as needed
● Ensure SOX compliance; enforce and recommend improvements to company policies, internal controls, systems and processes
● Challenge the current status quo and help to implement and drive process optimization initiatives
● Supervise accounting staff in India to ensure completeness and accuracy of work, deadlines are met, and business directives are achieved
● Provide coaching, training, and guidance to new and existing staff as needed
● Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders in the accounting close process
● Assist in or lead ad hoc projects
Who you are:
● Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 3+ years of PQE
● Prior knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and Local GAAP in a large multinational with a legal entity structure of 10+ entities
● Prior intercompany, cash and fx accounting experience in a multi-currency environment
● Transfer pricing (e.g. cost plus), local statutory accounting, and audit exposure
● Experience working with ERP systems (NetSuite experience is a plus)
● Ability to prioritize work and excel in a fast-paced environment to ultimately meet deadlines
● Pro-active, assertive, and creative approach to problem-solving
● Own month-end activities, and be willing to help with ad hoc requests
● Positive attitude and desire to collaborate cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment
● Exceptional oral and written communication skills
● Strong analytical skills and experience using data analytics tools (e.g. Tableau) is a plus
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience using GSuite & Slack
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we are committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.